Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finding dofollow blogs- an easy trick


Well, it's become something of an important area of my day when it's time to do blog commenting for link building and SEO. I will spend a good two to three hours finding good, quality, (interesting) do-follow blogs to add to my nifty Google reader.

One thing I've noticed is that there isn't really a dofollow blog list that focuses on social media related blogs and sites, and I think that list would be valuable. Even the dofollow lists and search engines that *do* exist are often outdated, many use ref=nofollow as well and shouldn't be on there in the first place.

A nifty trick I've picked up is this (shhh don't tell everyone):

You know those little "u comment i follow" badges that people put up on their blogs when they use ref=dofollow?

(they look something like this:)
Well, google images indexes them.

....

If you're smart, you have realized that you simply need to go to google images, and search:
"u comment i follow" (with quotes gives more accurate results, IMHO).

The badges will show up as results, on the blogs that are ref=dofollow.

A bright idea, I thought =)

1 comment:

Wobbuffet said...

That's a really cool idea